2014/05/09

National Geographic • Long Lens: Dany Krom, New York

SALT MADE MEN

In our Long Lens feature, we ask our members about a long-term project or photo essay they are working on. We want to encourage and discover the passion behind a portrait series or an essay that tells a story or highlights a social issue.
image
“I approached, his face was completely covered and although I could not see his eyes, I could feel the intensity of his exhaustion and expression of hardness. For some reason I found it difficult to look straight at him or pay attention to what he was saying, so I picked up my camera, placed my right eye on the viewer and clicked the shutter. I took a shot so I could always see him, and see him like this. Every time I see his photograph, I feel that he is forcing me to tell his story.
image
Dany Krom is a professional photographer born in La Paz, Bolivia and now residing in New York. He founded the Bolivian photo agency AFKA and worked as the photographer…  read more

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Comment here / Comenta aquí.